Activities Return, September 13, 9:30 a.m.
We are excited to open our Children’s ministry! Like our redesigned service, we are taking additional steps to keep our Lighthouse Kids environments safe (and fun) for your family!
Parent/guardian procedures for check in and dismissal
Check – In:
- Parents please sign your children in via the church app or with a greeter once you arrive. Pre-registration will expedite the check-in progress.
- One Parent/guardian will be allowed back in the children’s area for drop off and pick up to help limit traffic in the hallways.
- Every staff member, volunteer, parent, and child will have their temperature taken before entering the children’s area. We are not able to check in anyone with a temperature 100.0 or higher.
- Parents, we ask that your child not bring items from home into the classroom. Toys, purses, stuffed animals etc. If your child has a coat, we ask that you keep it with you and not in the classroom.
- Nursery parents, we ask that diaper bags be left just outside the nursery room. We will have a supply of diapers and wipes available for infant to age 2, if you prefer that your child use the ones you brought please notify the nursery worker on duty.
- Mask will be required for all adults and children 1st grade and up while in the Children’s Ministry area.
- We ask that you pay close attention and follow the social distancing signs in the hallways and lobby. Please stand on the dots outside your child’s classroom and wait for your child’s turn to enter. Children will be asked to apply hand sanitizer before entering the classroom.
- You will see lots of big waves, but let’s avoid hugs, high-fives, and handshakes.
- Just the same as drop off please wait on a dot outside your child’s classroom or the nursery to pick up your child. Please have your child’s pickup tag ready to present to the teacher.
- If your child would like to shop in Kid’s Cash, please line up in the lobby in front of the store and please follow the social distancing signs.
- The play pad will be open after church service and we ask that there not be more than two children at a time playing on the pad.
We will all need to work together to help keep Lighthouse Kids safe, so please stay home and participate online if your child:
- Has had a fever in the past 14 days.
- Shows any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Has been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Story and Worship Experience
We have created a weekly video presentation that goes along with our current First Look and 252 Kids curriculum, which you can view online. The links to the weekly videos can be found on the following pages:
Lighthouse Kids is our children’s ministry here at Lighthouse Fellowship. Lighthouse Kids serves children ranging in age from 0 through 4th grade. We use the “Orange Curriculum” which is focused on the different “Phases” of a child’s life. Each “Phase” is a time frame in a kid’s life when you can leverage distinctive opportunities to influence their future.
The Embrace Phase, is for children ages 0-4. In the nursery we begin to introduce the children to our curriculum by using words like “God loves you”, “God made you”, in preparation to go into the preschool classrooms.
Our preschool curriculum emphasizes three truths, God Made Me, God Loves Me and Jesus Wants to Be My Friend Forever. The preschool classes watch a short interactive video that incorporates these truths monthly and them do fun activities in the classroom that relate to these truths.
Our elementary grades 1-4th learn lessons based on Luke 2:52. This curriculum teaches a monthly virtue based on biblical truths and is designed to provoke discovery and invite kids into a new understanding of how to grow in a relationship with Jesus.